The Most Common Fixed Gear Bike Modifications
There are a few modifications that are commonly made to fixed gear bikes. The most common modification is probably the addition of brakes. Many people who ride fixed gear bikes do not use brakes, but some people feel more comfortable with them. Another common modification is to add a freewheel to the bike. This allows the rider to coast, which can be helpful when going downhill or when riding in traffic. Some people also add bar ends to their bike, which can help with comfort and control.There are a few modifications that are commonly made to fixed gear bikes. Some are for function, while others are for style. Here are the most common modifications:
1. Swapping out the pedals: Many people swap out the pedals on their fixed gear bike for ones that are more comfortable or easier to ride. Some popular choices are BMX pedals, mountain bike pedals, or even racing pedals.
2. Changing the handlebars: Some people prefer to change the handlebars on their fixed gear bike for ones that are more comfortable or offer more grip. Others might want to change the handlebars for aesthetic reasons.
3. Adding a front brake: While not required, some people prefer to add a front brake to their fixed gear bike for safety reasons.
4. Changing the tires: Some people swap out the tires on their fixed gear bike for ones that are better suited for the type of riding they do. For example, if you do a lot of off-road riding, you might want to swap out the tires for ones that have more tread.
5. Adding a rear rack: If you plan on carrying any gear with you, you might want to add a rear rack to your fixed gear bike. This will make it easier to transport your belongings.
These are just a few of the most common modifications that people make to their fixed gear bikes. If you're looking to make any changes to your bike, be sure to consult with a professional to ensure that you're making the best choices for your bike and your riding style.There are a few modifications that are commonly made to fixed gear bikes. The most common ones are changing the handlebars, adding a front brake, and adding a rear brake. These modifications can make a big difference in the way that the bike rides and feels. They can also make it easier to ride in traffic and on different terrain.